STATEMENT FOR THE USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC &
RECORDED IMAGES OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
UNDER THE AGE OF 18
FastStep Aademy is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young
people under the age of 18 to participate in badminton. Essential to this commitment,
is to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children/young people from
the inappropriate use of photographic images.
FastStep Academy has adopted the following good practice guidelines issued by
• through the use of a Consent Form, we will ask for the permission of young
players and their carers to take and use their image. If a player is named, we
will avoid using their photograph
• if a photograph is used, we will avoid naming the player (unless we have consent from the player’s parent/guardian).
• we will NEVER publish personal details (email addresses, telephone
numbers, addresses etc) of a child/young person
• we will only authorise the use of images of players in suitable dress
(Tracksuit, on court clothing i.e. vests/shorts, off court clothing)
Use of Photographic Filming Equipment at Badminton Events
FastStep Badminton will:
• inform players and parents that a photographer will be in attendance at an
event and ensure they consent to both the taking and publication of films or
• require parents, spectators and authorised photographers (e.g. press) to
register at an event if they wish to use any photographic equipment including
mobile phones with photographic technology.
• issue an identification pass which must be worn and clearly visible at all times
during the event
• not allow unsupervised access to players or one to one photo sessions at
• not approve photo sessions outside the events or at a players home
• act on the concerns of any players and parents regarding the inappropriate
use of photographic equipment
• inform children/young people and their parents/carers if video equipment is to
be used as a coaching aid.
• ensure that any photographic images taken and used will be stored safely