If an incident/accident occurs during club activities:
• Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
• Listen to what the injured person is saying.
• Alert the first aider (at main reception) who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
• In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
• Check the medical forms to check for the medical information, allergies, etc.
• Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
• Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
• Contact the injured person’s parent/carer.
• Complete an incident/accident report form/book. The form should be completed by the main person who dealt with the incident.
• If appropriate, collect and collate statements from witnesses.
• Completed forms should be forwarded to Zeyar Win to be kept safely for record
Guidelines for dealing with fire
Please see our information sheet for dealing with fire